Friday, February 18, 2011

Does the flu get respect?

Well, I have a new respect for the flu.  Having been in bed, under the covers, and asleep for several days this week, I have a new attitude toward the flu.  And the flu shot.  We are ALL getting them next year, for sure.  As soon as they come out.  Is it October?  November?  We'll be in line next year.  It was a miserable week.

However, there are a few positive aspects.  Thank you, Kevin.  For stepping in 110% to take care of the kids, do the laundry, run carpool, take the kids to the doctor, manage Lucy's rescheduled birthday party, and oh yea, still run the shop.

The greatest was when Kevin pedaled his bike to B&B pharmacy to get my Tamiflu prescription filled.  Thank god for that wonder drug.  I never thought I'd feel this way about a medicine, but I think it pulled me out of the worst of the flu and brought me back to the land of the living.  I went from crying on the couch asking for my mom to actually sitting upright on the couch and talking normally.  Whew, what a difference 24 hours and some serious meds can make.  I am grateful for and respect modern medicine.

Now I am dreaming of spring and perhaps, just maybe, a week without someone in the house being sick?

No comments: